My Presidential campaign will be attending this GAO event. And everyone who is interested in the future of the United States should also attend: Thursday Jan 31, 2008 at 10 AM
David Walker’s presentation in Tucson tomorrow Jan 31 is likely to be similar to his GAO presentation Jan 9, 2008, which is outlined on the internet as a collection of 35 images:
Here is David Walker’s image # 19 in that set of 35 images.
THE WAY FORWARD:
FUNDAMENTALLY REEXAMINE & TRANSFORM
- Restructure existing entitlement programs
- Reexamine and restructure the base of all other spending
- Review & revise existing tax policy, including tax preferences and enforcement programs
- Expand scrutiny of all proposed new programs, policies, or activities
- Reengineer internal agency structures and processes, including more emphasis on long-term planning, integrating federal activities, and partnering with others both domestically and internationally
- Strengthen and systematize Congressional oversight processes
- Increase transparency associated with government contracts and other selected items
- Consider a capable, credible, bi-partisan budget, entitlement, and tax reform commission
From the Tucson Citizen:
Head of GAO to talk on downturn, U.S. budget David Walker, U.S. Comptroller General and director of the Government Accountability Office, will discuss the economic downturn and the status of the federal budget at 10 a.m. Thursday at the YWCA Auditorium, 525 N. Bonita Ave. The lecture is part of the national Fiscal Wake-Up Tour, sponsored by the GAO, the Brookings Institution, the Heritage Foundation and several other entities. RSVPs are requested by 10 a.m. Wednesday by calling 881-3588. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is hosting the event.
Filed under: Charles Skelley |